Summer Bucket List for Families in Edmonton
Posted by Samantha Bandlow on Friday, July 8, 2022 at 11:07 AM By Samantha Bandlow / July 8, 2022 Comment
- A first stop, must-see, in Edmonton is always the Muttart Conservatory | City of Edmonton. The admission rates are affordable, and it is always a sight for sore eyes with the breath-taking landscaping.
- If you’re looking for an outdoor adventure, Fort Edmonton Park: Home is your next best bet for some quality family fun. You will enjoy taking a trip back into the original fort Edmonton. You can stop for lunch at the restaurant in the town and finish your trip with some time at the carnival.
- Don’t forget the Art Gallery of Alberta: Homepage (youraga.ca) There is a tots tour every Wednesday morning and family time every Sunday.
- Check out one of the city’s outdoor pools. Outdoor Swimming | City of Edmonton
- Or stay cool with one of the many Spray parks across the city. Spray Parks | City of Edmonton
- GO FISHING!!! Always take some time to go fishing. But don’t forget to get your license before you hit the shore. Fishing Licences and Fees | AEP - Environment and Parks (mywildalberta.ca)
- Need to get out of the city for a bit? Get out Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village | Ukrainian Village It's always a good time and they make the best lunch! Just stop by the kitchen before you go.
- Or take a hike at Elk Island Nation Park…. Check their list of activities here Things to do - Elk Island National Park (pc.gc.ca)
- If you go hiking, you might want to download the Geocaching app and play the game. This game can be played anywhere you go. If you haven’t played yet this is summer is a great time to start.
- Summer campfires are always great. To be safe check Alberta Fire Bans
- Sports fans have their pick of the action. Check out an FC Edmonton (canpl.ca) soccer game.
- Take your pick of baseball games with The Edmonton Prospects Home - Official Website of the Edmonton Prospects Baseball Club or Edmonton Riverhawks (riverhawksbaseball.com)
- How about a football game? Check out the Edmonton Elks - Official site (goelks.com)
- Yes, we even have basketball with the Edmonton Stingers - Canadian Professional Basketball Team (thestingers.ca)
- Edmonton is the city of festivals. There are so many festive events to take in each summer. Some top favourites include K-Days July 22 - 31, 2022, Home - Taste of Edmonton, Heritage Festival | Edmonton Heritage Festival | Canada, and Join Us for the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival