Most of the time first-time Edmonton homebuyers buy the very first Edmonton home they see because of the excitement of finally having their very own Edmonton property but not knowing enough information about what they’re about to buy. This is a perilous action because you won’t know if what you bought is truly worth all the money you put into.
So before you sign any contracts make sure you know what you’re buying and to help you we have gathered some questions to ask before buying that Edmonton home.
- How much has Edmonton homes sold for in the area? This is one of your best questions to ask to know the significant worth of the Edmonton property before you offer. You can also ask your Edmonton real estate agent to get a rundown of Edmonton homes sold recently in the neighborhood.
- How many offers has the owner gotten? A good Edmonton home receives numerous offers. In that sense, your offer should be exceptional for the Edmonton seller to recognize as an option to choose. Stand your ground when there are others competing for the same Edmonton property because the last man that endures will win.
- How long has the Edmonton property been listed? This is a great opportunity for you to get a discount especially if the Edmonton house has been in the market for a long time but this will depend on the area because different areas follow different customs.
- What is the type of foundation used? There are different types of foundations from raised foundations which enable access under the Edmonton house for plumbing and electrical purposes to shallow foundations, pad foundations and many more. Knowing the type foundation used can give you an idea of the Edmonton properties age, structural integrity and if it’s prone to floods.
- What does it feel to live in the location? Some say that a location is what makes the Edmonton property great. You’re going to live in this particular neighborhood for quite a while so knowing about the crime rate, traffic, demographics of the area is important. You can do this by talking to your soon to be neighbors and asking your Edmonton real estate agent about the location.
- Are all the bothers worth it for the Edmonton home? From traffic to the neighbors barking dog, there’s always going to be a bother when you live in a particular location.
These are just some of the few questions you can ask before buying that Edmonton home. At the end of the day, it’s up you to decide whether you want to commit to a particular Edmonton property or not. Know that there are plenty of Edmonton homes to choose from and one of those is the right Edmonton house for you.
Come and follow the team on Twitter at @teamleadingedge. Make sure to subscribe to Team Leading Edge to get newsletters on the Edmonton Real Estate market.
Note: Remember, you can access all our available Homes For Sale in Edmonton through our Edmonton MLS Listings page.
Subscribe and get the daily news, updates and latest trends in Edmonton real estate.