1. CHANGE AIR FILTERS - The air filters in your HVAC systems need to be replaced the moment you move into your new Edmonton home since you wouldn't accurately know how long it's been there. Old air filters cause tension in the operation of your HVAC system which will make it overheat! Replacing the air filter will cost lower than fixing a broken HVAC system.
2. RE-INSPECT FOR WATER LEAKAGE - Even after your home inspector have checked your pipes and faucets, it's to re-inspect for any possible leakage. It's cheaper to be paranoid on checking this one than to fix it. A small leak may cost your water bill additional $2 per month.
3. MAKE A REVIEW IF YOU NEED ATTIC INSULATION - A well insulated attic will help you save on heating or cooling cost.
4. CONTEMPLATE ON OWNING A TANKLESS HOT WATER HEATER - lifespan vs cost. You will have to decide which one is more important to you. A tankless water heater might be a little more expensive than the standard water tanks but it will last longer, has double storage capacity and can conserve more energy.
5. DESKTOPS SHOULD BE TURNED OFF OR PUT TO SLEEP MODE - Serge might be guilty on this one.
If you're like Serge and the rest of Team Leading Edge who consumes considerable time in front of their desktops or laptops, then you should really consider this tip. If you're taking a break or going out for a walk or going to sleep, do try to turn off your desktop or laptop and unplug it. If you can't, just try to put it to sleep mode. This simple exercise will 110% save you on electricity consumption.
For more from Team Leading Edge, follow the team on Twitter at @teamleadingedge. Make sure to subscribe to Team Leading Edge to get newsletters on the Edmonton Real Estate market.
Note: Remember, you can access all our available Homes For Sale in Edmonton through our Edmonton MLS Listings page.
Subscribe and get the daily news, updates and latest trends in Edmonton real estate.