The site aims to specialize in helping individuals and couples who want to move and relocate to Edmonton or simply wish to finally own a property & live in their dream home. (No more renting, yay!)
With the site, first time homebuyer have the chance to:
These are just 3 of the many incredible things first time homebuyers can do when they visit.
To go along with this latest venture, the team has gathered 5 amazing tricks that all first time homebuyers in Edmonton can do when they finally start their journey to homeownership.
1. FIND THE BEST MORTGAGE / FINANCING: We know, buying your dream home can be really exciting! But please, don’t get the excitement get ahead of you. Before you start browsing through the Edmonton MLS listings, you must first and foremost find the most suitable mortgage or financing for you.
There are hundreds of lenders in the market that are willing to loan you money, you must find the one with the terms that are favorable to your financial capacity. Shortlist at least 6 lenders near your area and pick & chose the top 3. From there, you can compare which one is really best fit for you.
Remember, a mortgage can last from 3 to 5 years, so you must chose wisely!
Here’s a list of Team Leading Edge trusted Edmonton Mortgage companies that you can try to get in touch with: Edmonton Mortgage Lenders
2. PREPARE YOUR FINANCES: Be realistic here. Evaluate your “true” monthly cash flow-the real money that’s coming in and out of your bank account. Once you figure out the cash flow, draft a plan to minimize your expenses so you could maximize savings. There will be sacrifices made, but it will be worth it. This is for the sake of you, owning your first home.
3. WORK WITH BATTLE HARDENED REALTORS: As a first time homebuyer, you’re better off with a veteran Realtor who has the track record and had helped countless buyers own their first Edmonton homes.
A battle hardened Realtor will have all the necessary negotiation skills, tools and network to make the process of buying an Edmonton home as easy and painless as possible.
Remember, as a buyer, the services of your chosen Realtor are FREE! Yes, you will not spend a dime on him or her.
4. HIRE PROFESSIONALS: When you’re finally on the decision stage, try to hire professional home inspectors to help you determine if there are any problems with your dream home. A professional home inspector will be able to see and detect issues, if there are any, being hidden by the owner. You just can’t be sure, right? It’s better to be safe than sorry!
5. HAVE FUN: When the home you have chosen is becoming a headache, move on and try to find another one. Buying a home should be fun! If it’s a pain in the arse right off the bat then it's not worth your time.
For more from Team Leading Edge, follow the team on Twitter at @teamleadingedge. Make sure to subscribe to Team Leading Edge to get newsletters on the Edmonton Real Estate market.
Note: Remember, you can access all our available Homes For Sale in Edmonton through our Edmonton MLS Listings page.
Subscribe and get the daily news, updates and latest trends in Edmonton real estate.