Its 48 days before Christmas so you have to work double time if you want to buy your dream Edmonton home this year. Our OCT 31 2016 - EDMONTON REAL ESTATE MONTHLY MARKET REPORT just confirmed that the buyer’s market cycle have gained strength, that means there’s increased supply of Edmonton homes for sale on the market.
With the abundance of homes but lack of time, Team Leading Edge decided to put up the list of 5 must-do home buying activities this holiday season.
1. WORK WITH THE BEST REALTOR/S IN TOWN – There’s a time to be humble and there’s a time to get things done-ASAP. If you really want to beat the clock and own your dream home before 2017 (at the best price), you’ll have to work with Edmonton’s tested and trusted real estate specialists.
Here’s our previous article that might help in your selection process: 4 THINGS TO DO WHEN SELECTING AN EDMONTON REAL ESTATE AGENT
Remember, a top notch Edmonton Realtor will provide you with the best list of available properties that’s within your price-range and specifications.
2. DISCERN THE SELLING PRICE – Once you have chosen an Edmonton Realtor that you’ll work with, the next step recognize and understand the value of the home that you want to buy. A top notch Realtor will help you distinguish an overpriced home from an underpriced one to everything in between.
This’ll help you determine your other expenses aside from the selling price: 5 EDMONTON HOME BUYING FEES TO REMEMBER THIS 2016
3. PURCHASE A HOME YOU FEEL YOU CAN PAY EASILY – The fact that a mortgage company is willing to loan you $1,000,000 for your home purchase doesn’t mean you should take it. You don’t want to be stuck with a mortgage that you’ll slave for 5 to 10 years. Simply buy something that you feel you can pay easily every month for the next 5-10 years.
Your lifestyle shouldn’t be compromised. At this stage in your life, you should try to lower down any financial risk.
4. DOUBLE-CHECK THE FACTS OF THE HOME YOUR PURCHASING – It is important that you validate all the information associated with the property that you chose before signing on the dotted line. Every small detail counts. There are times where an advertisement will say fixtures and furniture will come with the sale but doesn’t identify the items.
5. CHECK FOR PLUMBING TROUBLE – leaking pipes and faucets will cause you tons of headaches, physically and mentally. Although a home inspector will help determine this problem, it’s still better to personally check it for yourself. This way, you’ll know the extent of the problem (if there is one) and can make instant judgment call to take the property, leave it or bargain for it.
If you liked this article follow the team on Twitter at @teamleadingedge. Make sure to subscribe to Team Leading Edge to get newsletters on the Edmonton Real Estate market.
Note: Remember, you can access all our available Homes For Sale in Edmonton through our Edmonton MLS Listings page.
Subscribe and get the daily news, updates and latest trends in Edmonton real estate.